As you may already know, Senior GuidePost is an industry-specific network for the senior housing industry. However, you may not be aware of all the capabilities it has and the value it brings to multiple sides of the industry.
First off, our mission is to provide everyone in the senior housing industry a place to find the right resource for whatever they need. Therefore, the Senior GuidePost platform has been designed with two parties in mind: first, the individual user, who is searching for businesses with senior housing specialties and/or experience to supply services for their community; and second, giving the businesses with those specialties and/or experience the opportunity to market and promote their companies to individuals connected to senior housing communities. In essential terms, Senior GuidePost is the connection between users and businesses within the senior housing industry.
Users may search for businesses within The Guide by simply creating a free account. Businesses listed on The Guide are divided into four primary categories:
- Business & Finance
- Community & Operations
- Property & Development
These categories are further divided into a number of subcategories and are searchable by state to make finding businesses as accurate and efficient as possible. Examples of searchable subcategories are listed below:
- Activities – Resident Entertainment
- Consulting – Technology
- Food Service
- Interior Design Services
- Investment Advisory
- Legal Services
- Media, Marketing & Advertising
- Resident Management & Safety
What makes Senior GuidePost different?
- It was created by industry executives to solve a problem that they were facing each day: finding the business contacts they needed to serve their residents.
- Local searching allows users to find a resource in their area, instead of just a large national resource.
- The ‘endorsement’ process allows users to support businesses they have done business with, giving other users assurance that the company has experience and a good track record within the industry.
- Each business is able to maintain their Business Profile, providing photos and releases that show users the level of experience they have in senior living. For example, users searching for a general contractor in Portland to build a new community are more likely to contact a contractor that maintains a well-presented profile of photos showing projects that they have built.
Senior GuidePost is intended for everyone in the senior living industry. While it is certainly true that owners and executives use Senior GuidePost to find banks, insurance companies, general contractors and auditors, all team members including nurses, marketers, dietary managers, and life enrichment staff use Senior GuidePost to find resources that will help them better serve their residents.
If you are a senior living developer searching for an interior design company for your senior housing community in Denver, you would search for businesses under the Property & Development category, then by Interior Design Services, and then selecting Colorado under Select Location at the top of The Guide. You can view the company’s website address, contact information, location, company size, and team members.
Based on this, you can see why Senior GuidePost is valuable for businesses, too. This detailed searching ability allows potential customers to find your business based on your specialties within the senior housing industry. This means you can promote your business, gain new customers, and even grow specific branches of your business by choosing particular subcategories for your listing in The Guide.
If your business serves the senior living industry, the face of your organization within Senior GuidePost is your business profile. Updating your profile is a free way to ensure that those who find your business on Senior GuidePost are encouraged to make contact.
- It only takes a few minutes to update your business profile by adding a profile photo, including your contact information, and providing a description of the services you provide.
- The GuidePost search feature mines data from your profile page, including details from your description and keywords. The more accurate and complete these areas of your profile are, the better the quality of search results.
- Invite your employees to connect to your business as summarized in the section above on Endorsements
- The Gallery/Press section of your profile allows you to upload photos and releases to make sure that you are sharing your story and experience with those who find you on Senior GuidePost.
We hope this helps to illuminate all the various ways you can utilize Senior GuidePost as your primary and most useful resource. To get started searching The Guide, simply create a free user account. To begin promoting your business on Senior GuidePost, click on the Promote Your Business tab under your User Profile to view our package options as well as premier advertising opportunities.
Cheers from your friends at Senior GuidePost!